The Tweens News | English
Mercury is a small planet which orbits closer to the sun than any other planet in our solar system. As well as being very hot, it features a barren, crater covered surface which looks similar to Earth’s moon.
The surface of Mercury is very similar to our moon. It has a very barren, rocky surface covered with many craters.
- Being so close to the Sun, the daytime temperature on Mercury is scorching – reaching over 400 Degrees Celsius.
- At night however, without an atmosphere to hold the heat in, the temperatures plummet, dropping to -180 Degrees Celsius.
- Mercury has a very low surface gravity.
- Mercury has no atmosphere which means there is no wind or weather to speak of.
- There is also no water on the surface of Mercury, it is possible however that there could be water underneath the surface.
- Likewise, there is no air on the surface but it could be trapped underneath.
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.