The Tweens News | English
•No touching knives or the stove
•Do not touch any appliances without adult supervision.
•Always wash your hands before handling food.
Surprise your loved ones this Valentine’s Day with a delicious breakfast in bed. The cardamom in this sweet sauce is a great substitute for cinnamon.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 6 (3/4-inch-thick) slices bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice, strained to remove as much pulp as possible
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and the 1/2 teaspoon of the cardamom to blend in a medium-size bowl. Add bread slices; let stand until egg mixture is absorbed, turning bread slices occasionally with spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet; stir to melt. Add orange juice, sugar and the 3/4 teaspoon cardamom; simmer until liquid is slightly thickened and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter on griddle or in another nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bread slices and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cut French toast slices diagonally in half, divide among plates. Top with sauce and serve.
Tips & Tricks
Keep French toast warm in a 200 degree F oven until ready to serve.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.