The Tweens News | English
•No touching knives or the stove
•Do not touch any appliances without adult supervision.
•Always wash your hands before handling food.
What could possibly be better than pizza? Well, a chocolate chip pizza pie, of course. With toppings that’ll please even the fussiest of people, this decadent dessert pizza is easy and fun for the small fry to make and enjoy.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. (90 mL) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
Cream cheese icing:
- 2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) vanilla extract
- Chocolate, butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- Chopped nuts
- Miniature marshmallows
- Mini M&Ms
- Shredded coconut
- Gummy candies
- Fresh fruit (berries, chopped bananas, apples, pears, peaches)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a 12-inch (30-cm) pizza pan with parchment paper cut exactly to fit the pan. Do not grease.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, then add the egg and continue beating until very creamy. Measure in the flour and baking soda and beat the mixture until all the flour has been incorporated and the dough is smooth. Add the chocolate chips and mix, using a wooden spoon, just until combined.
- Dump the dough into the prepared pan and spread it, using a fork, to within 1 inch (2 cm) of the edges of the pan. (The dough will expand as it bakes, so you have to leave a bit of room for that.) Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned on top and set in the middle. Remove from oven, slide the cookie off the pan onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until very smooth and creamy. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until you’re ready to use.
- When the base is completely cool, spread with the icing, leaving a border around the edge for maximum pizza realism. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings, using 1 to 2 cups (250 to 500 mL) of assorted toppings per pizza. More is not necessarily better.
- Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve to your adoring fans.
How kids can help
Measure and mix the cookie dough (with adult supervision).
Spread the dough in the prepared pan.
Make the icing.
Decorate the finished cookie pizza.
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.