The Tweens News | English
•No touching knives or the stove
•Do not touch any appliances without adult supervision.
•Always wash your hands before handling food.
There’s something wonderful, homey, and comforting about poached eggs. Put them over leftover corned beef and potatoes and you’ve got a winner of plate for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack.
- 2 teaspoons butter or oil
- ½ cup leftover roasted potatoes and bacon, or other cooked potatoes: mashed, baked, boiled, or roasted
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices of corned beef
- In a small skillet melt butter, add in the potatoes and stir occasionally cooking about 3 minutes, until heated through.
- In another small, shallow skillet bring water with a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice to a simmer. With a handle of a wooden spoon or some other small, non-heat-conducting implement, make a swirling motion in the middle of the water to form a vortex and immediatley put in the egg. Cook about 4 minutes, until white is cooked and yolk is still soft.
- Place a few slices of corned beef on a plate along with potatoes and top with poached egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.