The Tweens News | English
You might need to use tools that require adult supervision, such as glue gun and scissors. If so, these can be replaced by textile glue and safety scissors. Make sure you ask your parents some help.
This fun project is perfect for people of almost any age. These inexpensive yet lovely soap bars make perfect gifts for teachers, mom, grandma, or just about anyone. Plus, they’re fun to use in the bath, too!
What you’ll need:
- Glycerin soap, clear or white (This only works with glycerin soap – do not substitute.)
- Soap dye in colors or your choice
- Soap or candy molds
- Microwave safe liquid measuring cup
- Popsicle stick or coffee stirrer
- Knife (adults only)
How to make it:
- If using bars of soap, cut into three pieces. If using purchased glycerin blocks, cut off 2-3 pre-measured chunks.
- Put glycerin soap into a measuring cup, microwave according to package directions (or 20 seconds), then in 10-second intervals until melted.
- If you want colors, this is the time to add the dye. Add a few drops and stir with a spoon. If you want the color darker, simply add more dye.
- Slowly pour the liquid soap into the mold. Set aside to harden for 45 minutes to an hour. Some soaps may harden sooner than others.
- Rinse out measuring cup and repeat process for other colors.
- After soap has cooled completely, pop them out of the molds. If you find this difficult, you can place the soap into the freezer for ten minutes and try again.
- For a tie dye effect, don’t add dye until after you have poured white soap into the molds. Add random drops of dye into white soap in mold and swirl with a coffee stick or toothpick.
- For multicolor layers, pour the first color in and allow it to cool enough to form a skin (about 5 minutes). Carefully and very slowly add the second color over that.
- For pastel shades, add only a couple drops of dye. For more bold colors, add more drops.
- Make your own colors by mixing the dyes, or create a tie dye effect by using two or more colors instead of just one.
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.