The Tweens News | English
“We only have One Mom, One Mommy, One Mother in this World, One life. Don’t wait for the Tomorrow’s to tell Mom, you love her”
Sunday May 9th, 2010 we celebrate Mother’s Day in North America. In the United Kingdom, Mothering Sunday is celebrated on March 14th, 2010.
- Anna Jarvis of Philadelphia who started Mother’s Day celebrations also filed a lawsuit in an effort to stop the over- commercialisation of Mother’s Day. She lost her fight. Anna had hoped for a day of reflection and quiet prayer by families, thanking God for all that mothers had done.
- Julia Ward Howe staged an unusual protest for peace in Boston, by celebrating a special day for mothers. She wanted to call attention to the need for peace by pointing out mothers who were left alone in the world without their sons and husbands after the bloody Franco-Prussian War.
- Japan’s Imperial family trace their ancestry to Omikami Amaterasu, the Mother of the World.
- Ancient Egyptians believed that ‘Bast’ was the mother of all cats on Earth, and that cats were sacred animals.
- In the Bible, Eve is the ‘Mother of All the Living.’
- In the vast majority of the world’s languages, the word for “mother” begins with the letter M.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK THE PREVIOUS POSTS FOR RECIPES & CRAFTS, WHICH ARE CREATED ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR DEAR MOTHER!!!
Please share this news with your friends and family!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.