The Tweens News | English
•No touching knives or the stove
•Do not touch any appliances without adult supervision.
•Always wash your hands before handling food.
When you don’t have a lot of time to create a snack, look to this twist on an American classic. Sweet, tender apple slices nestled into two slices of bread create a handheld version of apple pie that’s quick and easy to make.
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, plus 1/4 cup melted butter for brushing tops of pies
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced small
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon flour
- 1 loaf white bread (about 17 slices), crusts removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook butter, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, stir and cook for about 2 minutes more or until apples are tender. Place mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread until it is thin and flat (this ensures that the bread is pliable). Place about 1 teaspoon of apple mixture into the center of each slice of bread. Wet two of the edges of each slice of bread with a little bit of water. Fold the slice of bread diagonally to that it forms a triangle. Firmly press the edges of the bread together creating a tight seal. Place hand-pies onto prepared baking sheet. Brush each of the hand-pies with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
These pies are delicious served cold or at room temp, making them perfect lunchtime fare.
Add raisins or chopped nuts into the mixture to change it up.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
Servings: 17 pies
Please share this news with your friends and family!